Thursday, August 7, 2008

5 Ancestors Boxing.3.



International South Shaolin Boxing Union.

In recent years, mainland China has instigated some efforts to reinstate TCMA to its former glory involving lineages and schools from outside China.

I buy periodicals/magazines published there and these concerted efforts are generally given much limelight.

Personally, I think these are laudable initiatives that merit to be supported; the correct way to preserve TCMA is to research, refine and promote.

The opinion of many I’ve spoken to is that mainland must lead these projects. Regardless of what happened during the “Cultural revolution” era, China is still the ancestral home.

A parallel would be the way I feel as a “Hua Chiao” or “overseas Chinese”. I might not agree with the politics of China but still my roots are undeniable…

These 2 pages are scanned from a manual published by “International South Shaolin Boxing Union” to stipulate forms and contest rules for competitions.

They are dynamically coordinating and promoting WuZu and even involving TaiZu and White Crane families everywhere.

So perhaps some of my peers are right – the “Dragon” is rousing after all.

For me, China is home of the “12 Girls Band” and that’s good reason to make that “homeward bound” trip…….

Just kidding – I still got uncles/aunts/cousins living in both ChangLe and Kutien.



No comments: