Monday, August 25, 2008

Flying Crane 5 elements Sanchin.

Here’s an exciting book, to me at least – I am a White Crane aficionado, so you’ll pardon me if I appear a little partial ……


Got this book about a year ago, in tattered conditions but the “meat” of the book still intact, luckily.


The book is entitled “Flying Crane 5 Elements SanChin” - yeah I know, quite a mouthful.


I grappled with the content and consulted White Crane mentors around here and this is what I could make out:


The front portion, apparently the “3 battles” segment is uncannily similar to the “3 Advances” that we do in Fuzhou Whooping Crane; the “Putien” line of transmission.


The 2nd portion is typical “Flying Crane” – you know “Crane standing on one leg” kinda postures.


5 elements? No clue unless I meet someone from this line and explain the elements association with techniques; every line/style assigns in individual manner. So unless the “key” is given, I could only guess.


Also, I am starting to sell some of my collection as explained here.


If you’re into this whole White Crane/Southern Kung Fu and Karate correlations, this is one book you must get your hands on.




You can purchase this in pdf format

Support independent publishing: buy this e-book on Lulu.


Or click on the link I got pasted on the right that says "Kung Fu Galaxy book store" - other books available for downloading for a song....



No comments: